MOYA

Did anyone else get this invitation to join Moyaworld?
MOYA (Museum of Young Art in Vienna, Austria, www.moya-vienna.at) has recently established a reality social network for contemporary art (great, another social network)and I was invited to participate in their project for free. They claim they are a worldwide platform for artists, art historians, writers, curators, galleries, institutions and all art lovers combining the website network with real exhibitions in their museum. As a Full Member, I will have my own website-presence (picture-, text-, video-, music- uploads) and my own website-address (URL). There is access to notice boards and couch-surfing possibilities (i am not clear about "couch-surfing" and the advantages thereof). There is a chat and a friends system in order to provide a possibility to find and deepen international contacts and to participate in exhibition projects.
I've joined others and have found no benefit to my art exposure but that doesn't mean it isn't working or helpful to others. My best experiences have been through making face-to-face contacts. The Internet is a wonderful tool but it is not so great at showing paintings as so much is missed on a screen. One of the downsides of joining this kind of website is that you become fodder for scam artists. If you are interested in the details please read my personal scam experience here.

Comments

Popular Posts