Surface Design

I broke down and bought Adobe Photoshop CS5 from Amazon.com. I lost my program during my recent computer crash (it was CS2, pretty old!) and thought it was time to upgrade. I will need it to enhance the images i take for submitting to shows. Deadlines loom....

I started a CCSF class called "Surface Design" offered in the Fashion department. I have been really happy with the level of instruction in this department so far but i am not so sure about this class. The class will be printing designs on fabric via painting, stamping, stencilling, silkscreening, transferring, and marblelizing. And apparently, there are jobs in this field of textile design, hence my interest. I have a certain way of learning and that is, i need to have the information presented in a logical, succinct, and fairly rapid way. The instructor got very chatty with students, almost like having a private conversation while the rest of us waited. The information wasn't being transmitted fast enough for me and i got frustrated. But, this was the first day and as such, there is always a lot of basic information that needs to be shared. I hope things get better when we start doing some hands on work, which is happening tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts