Day two and last day of Surface Design

Day Two of Surface Design and my last day
My frustration continued and after i considered the amount of time i would be missing from working in the studio versus what i would gain from the class, i decided to drop the class. However,I learned a few important things like where to get supplies (Dharma Trading Company) and that rayon is a cellulosic based fiber and is therefore dye-able. I love the look and feel of rayon and thought it was some sort of synthetic substance. We played with two types of immersion dying with Procion dyes today and the information was presented in a scattered way, and i always feel anxious when that happens.
One of the goals of the class was to create my own fabric to make clothing and to look into textile design as a possible way to make money. I think i will do my own research and try to make original fabric. The trick is to make it so it doesn't look crafty or homemade.

Comments

Storm1 said…
sorry to hear that your experience was less than stellar. If you want or need help with textile dyes etc. just let me know.
another great resource is Paula Burch's web page.

AJ
thanks AJ! I will look into this!
Katherine

Popular Posts