poor little painting...


I delivered my painting to Arc Gallery on Sunday for the "A Sense of Place" show organized by the NCWCA. The space was small so i was wondering how they were going to fit the pieces in - i was horrified to see how my painting was hung, it is left of the big circle, below another painting and very poorly lit. It is a crowded location and it will pain me to see it in person. I am working the night of the opening reception, this Saturday.
Granted, my paintings need great natural light to look their best. Having space around the paintings is also key to their appeal. Which, i recognize is difficult to do in a group show or in a home. Not many have a great expanse of wall to hang a 4 ft X 6 ft painting but when it is done right, it looks magnificent.

And i can't complain - the NCWCA puts much effort in organizing juried shows and this supports artists by giving them a venue to show their work. It is afterall, about getting one's work out there. On the plus side, they produced a very nice catalog of the show.

Comments

Popular Posts