1-11-11

Happy 01-11-11!
I finished listening to "The Poisoner's Handbook" by Deborah Blum in the studio and thoroughly enjoyed it. My work environment contains some poisonous/toxic substances since i make my own paints using pigments containing cadmium. I wear a dust mask but i wonder if i will suffer from residual dust in that cumulative sort of way.

Since the beginning of the year, i've been painting on wood veneer salvaged from SCRAP. It is brittle but i love the wood grain and i am trying to layer on paint in thin washes to maintain the integrity of the patterns.







Some of the finished pieces with two more veneers already prepared (I am using rabbit skin glue to prepare the surface of the wood). My commission to paint a tree themed painting has turned into a bust. The husband had interest but the wife isn't so sure about the trees. Oh well...I continue to paint because that is what i do.

Comments

Popular Posts