Applications times 2

I applied to the SFMOMA Rental Gallery through CaFe and also to BayVAN. Cost was $40 for SFMOMA and $30 for BayVAN. I've applied to SFMOMA the last 3 years and this is the first year they aren't requesting slides. I wasn't going to apply this year if slides were required because of the hassle and added expense. Slides make the work look pretty good but i can tweak my digital images in Photoshop to get the most accurate image.
SFMOMA Rental Gallery has the most impersonal rejection letter out of ALL the rejection letters i have received. It is a form letter with no date and no signature. So cold...
I was going to apply to the West Coast Biennial at Turtle Bay but the thought of applying to yet another show and then if i should be so fortunate to be selected, then the long drive to Redding, CA. was another negative. And, there is also the $35 entry fee....
Hopefully any rejection letter/emails i get will be a little more personal. I save every one of them.

Comments

Popular Posts