It was a pleasant day yesterday for a festival...pictured here - the main stage at the Excelsior Festival. The good people of this district are trying to uplift and bring attention to the area. The Excelsior District is kind of the "Rodney Dangerfield" of the San Francisco districts - it gets no respect. The organizers are trying to engage the neighborhood with this fair and art walks. In the future, i will be posting info regarding events in this area. I love the Excelsior because it is so "real" in the sense that it is made up of mostly natives and there is no nonsense shopping. There are no trendy gift shops, restaurants, bars with red velvet rope etc... This is not a tourist destination but it contains some great treasures such as McLaren Park, Mama Art Cafe, and Manila Oriental Market just to name a few.

And then it was off to SOMarts to see my little painting in the gallery. (blue one) I saw several pieces i wouldn't mind owning. I think the work presented this year looks great. I saw many red dots - a good sign!








And, my latest 20 in X 20 in piece. In time for Open Studios.

Comments

Popular Posts