Day Two Open Studios

Sunday was busier with many more people coming and staying to talk. I feel so fortunate to have so many diverse friends coming to support me by visiting and then buying art! In addition, friends brought wonderful treats like home grown vegies from their garden, yummny cookies from Bi-Rite Creamery, a dozen eggs from chickens raised in the Sunset District of SF, apples from a Mendocino orchard, beautiful roses that were inspired by the image on my postcard and two books. I started reading "Portraits" by Michael Kimmelman and i can't put it down!














Summary of this open studio:
I sold two paintings (different), two miniatures, a lazy susan, two separate people are thinking about purchasing paintings, and a possible commission opportunity. One curator came by to look at my work and i saw people from my past (high school and from my biotech days) and it was great to catch up with them. Coffee and tea were more popular than the wine and beer, brownies and madeleines, salami and cheese were extremely popular as well as the Acme baguette. I sold more expensive paintings last year but that was partly because i included a commission in my last open studios.

Comments

Popular Posts