Naomie Kremer


Ryan T. Smith, one of the choreographers of RAWdance (recall i am a board member) also dances with Margaret Jenkins Dance Company. I received a postcard for an upcoming performance and i kept looking at the card because it looked so familiar. And then i got it...the image surrounding the dancers is by one of my favorite contemporary painters, Naomie Kremer. I saw a retrospective of her work at the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art and was blown away by her paintings. I've been following her work ever since and she is represented by Modernism in San Francisco.
I am curious about this dance/art collaboration so i might check out Ryan and Naomie. By the way, Ryan is the dancer right in the center of the postcard.
One night only! Thursday, October 7, 2010, 8 pm
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco

Comments

Popular Posts