Art and Art Deadlines.com

I came across a funny and useful blog called Art and Art Deadlines.com. I like the tone and there is great information like the section on "how to get a show". I include a couple of parts here to entice you to visit the site.
You WILL be rejected regardless of the quality of the work. It is inevitable. Keep records of every entry. Know exactly what you sent and when. Keep all rejection letters. When it is time to send out a submission, you can then figure out what hasn’t worked and where. Don’t send duplicate work to the same gallery.
I've been saving my rejection (and acceptance) letters just so i have a record of the results but also to record how some letters are kind and some are unnecessarily cold.
Understand the gallery’s mission and previous shows. Learn about both the gallery director and the jurors. Google is your friend
I make a point of visiting the galleries on a regular basis but i have yet to submit my work to one of them.

Comments

Popular Posts