New SPARK apprentice


I met with my SPARK apprentice last night at Presidio Middle School and once again, i was impressed with the good manners, sweetness, and enthusiasm of the student. The students are characterized as "under-privilaged" and/or "at-risk" middle schoolers and all i can see are motivated, funny, sometimes sweetly awkward students with no "attitude". We will be meeting once a week for 3 hours, every Tuesday. I think i will prefer the longer time (previously we met for 1.5 - 2 hours for 10 weeks) - we can get more painting done in an uninterrupted time. My student, Naomi Perry of Roosevelt Middle School did something really neat for me. She created a little book that introduced me to her. In it, she shared that she loves sports and that she is a little shy when first meeting people. I think we are going to have a great session!

Comments

Popular Posts