updates on two submissions

I took my first ever one week break from blogging but i am back.
An update on two shows i submitted work to:
Juried Art show put on by the Arts Council of San Leandro = never heard back and the show started a couple of days ago. This doesn't happen very often where a fee based submission doesn't give you the courtesy of a rejection but this happened here. For my $30, i expect to be informed in a timely manner. I sent an email asking what the results were and i never got a response. Unbelievably unprofessional.


But some great news - two paintings were accepted for a show at City Hall, specifically to be shown in the office of Supervisor John Avalos of District 11. I work in District 11 (Excelsior). The show will be up from May 14, 2010 through August 6th with a reception on May 21, from 5:30 - 8 pm. This was a free submission and this is certainly a nice venue. This made my week!

these two were selected.
"Bushes at Twilight 3" (top) and "Bushes at Twilight 1".

Comments

Popular Posts