Paying it Forward with art

While on Facebook a while ago, a friend from my SFAI days was inviting the first 5 people to respond to "get ARTsie". Miki Yoshimoto was an MFA student working as the TA for Jeremy Morgan's painting class and has since moved to Los Angeles after completing her MFA. Miki's proposal was to send an original piece of art to the first 5 responders and then these participants would then "pay it forward". They in turn would send out a message via Facebook or some other media, sending original art to the first 5 people who respond. The important part is that you have to pay it forward. I sent out my "get ARTsie" message via Facebook and got no response! I think the paying it forward part is difficult but the work doesn't have to impress anyone. The important thing is to make something original and that it be handmade.





I received this lovely card set from Miki, and it is so Miki... meticulous and beautifully designed.
So now it is my turn...i will be reposting my message on Facebook but just in case i don't get a response, i am sending this message on this blog to anyone in the world who would like to receive an original art piece from me (first 5 people who respond), to please email me at
nerdychick2001@gmail.com. And remember, please do so with the intent of continuing the process of sending your own original art to 5 people.

Comments

Popular Posts