The "No Reception" Reception




Me with good friend from my SFAI days, Justine Lo (on the right) who was also the architect for the remodeling of my home. She received her MFA in 2005 and is a wonderful painter represented by Triangle Gallery in San Francisco.
My dad, Toshihito Kodama, looking rather serious, in front of "January 20th", a painting inspired by what Michele Obama was wearing on the Inauguration Day.











And the curator emailed me yesterday to let me know that "Japanese Girls' Day" was sold (middle painting).
It was great for me to see many of my old friends, new friends and family members. After 7 pm, we headed over to the Ferry Building to have a drink and some food. The original plan was to go to 83 Proof but it was super crowded.
Since my "No Reception" didn't have food/drink, i gave away little postcard paintings to thank attendees for coming.

Comments

Popular Posts