Same Vanity Gallery That Threatened me Now Invites Me

I received again, an "invitation" by a gallery in the desirable Chelsea district of New York to show my work in an upcoming exhibition. I wrote about this same vanity gallery and pasted verbatim the letter they sent me (apparently, this is illegal so i had to remove the posting as they threatened to sue me). I know it costs to produce a show but $2,500 is a very steep price. With all that is written about vanity galleries and by which i mean all of it negative, i am surprised they still get artists to buy into their scheme. Yes, it is important to get your work out there. And while this seems to be an expensive shortcut, do you want to be associated with a vanity gallery?
So what's an artist to do? Persevere - keep applying to shows, hustle to show your work in public spaces, and keep painting, creating or whatever it is you do with passion.

Comments

Popular Posts