Control - is a no go

I did not get into the "Control" show although i really felt i had a good chance. The curator wrote a personal note saying she was sorry my work wasn't chosen. I felt a little better but then i was wondering if she said that on everyone's "sorry" letter. It might be her attempt to humanize the process which i can appreciate. Too often the letters start with "we had so many qualified applicants" - you know it is going to be bad news.
I have been keeping a running tab of all the shows and residencies i've applied to thus far in 2009. I will have a year end summary - a look at the trials and tribulations as well as any successes, perceived or otherwise.
411 on the Control Show:

Control
Juried by Guerilla Girls West
Exhibition Dates: August 6 – August 27 2009
Opening Reception: August 6, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: SomArts Cultural Center Main Gallery, 934 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA 94103

Comments

Popular Posts