Cantor Art Center

I visited the Cantor Art Center at Stanford - arriving at 4 pm because then the parking is free and one hour is about the right amount of time for this museum. Currently, "Pop to Present" is showing and while all the pieces in this exhibit were photographable, only one wasn't and that was the one i wanted - it was a portrait done by Diebenkorn of a women sitting in a chair. I wanted the image because i have been struggling with a portrait of a friend and this inspired me to refocus my approach. I instead, did a quick sketch of it.

I have been wondering where the Andrew Goldsworthy piece "Stone River" was - it was only after a search on Google Earth did i find it and then, it was only a few feet from where i normally park whenever i visit the Cantor Art Center.

Comments

mim said…
Ah to see a Goldsworthy in person. How wonderful. All I can do is look at the one book I have and a video. I love his work. My daughter got to see the wall at Storm King. Maybe someday.

Popular Posts