Open Studios postmortem





It has been an interesting 2 days of open studios. I was expecting to have a very low turnout after having heard from many other artists that their open studios were poorly attended. Maybe the numbers were down but i felt i met with "quality" people: people really interested in and loved art. It was a pleasure meeting so many art lovers. In terms of sales, it was much better than the Spring Open Studios by far. I offered the "recession buster" paintings (see previous postings) and they sold although i thought more would sell. Small framed pieces sold. Pieces painted on found wood sold. My nicely framed potraits of trees did not sell although they received positive comments - unfortunately they didn't love it enough to buy. A collector returned to buy some more small paintings from my Hawaii series - i think i have only 2 paintings left from that series. I met with my new art dealer and met a business owner who is interested in showing my work in his space. I saw neighbors but mostly people came to check out this far outpost art studio - they read about in the Open Studios guide so it was definitely worth spending the money on additional advertising. But today, i am quite exhausted.
"Live like a poor man with lots of money." (Pablo Picasso)

Comments

Storm1 said…
oh wow!
I'm very happy for you.
I know you've been working hard.
good going!

AJ

Popular Posts