Richard Bruland

The last couple of days, i've been in Ashland, Oregon for my annual trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival with friends. We see 7 plays in 5 days and basically relax in between plays. One of the things i drag my friends to are the art galleries and by far, the nicest art gallery is Davis and Cline which has a beautiful space and represents some fine artists. One of their artists, Richard Bruland contacted me a few months ago because of one of the fraud alerts i posted on this blog. He looked up my work and wrote me to say that our work was similar. I noticed that he is represented by Davis and Cline so when i went there, i asked to see the work of Richard Bruland. And although maybe from a web image our work is similar, i could see that his technique was craaaazzzzy in that each of the "color components" were made of many detailed cross sections of color. It was amazing to see his work in person and a real pleasure.

Comments

Popular Posts