Still Another Fraud Alert

It must be fraud season as i received another fraud alert...

The email below has been sent to some of our members.
We believe that this person is involved in fraudulent activity such as ID fraud - please do not waste your time replying to them.
Below is a CLASSIC example of cashback fraud - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THEM.
UNFORTUNATELY SOME ARTISTS HAVE RESPONDED RECENTLY TO EMAILS SUCH AS THIS AND IT HAS ENCOURAGED FURTHER EMAILS.



First Name: Paul
Last Name: cunningham
Email: p.cunningham1969 @ gmail.com

Message:

My name is Paul Cunningham, I am an interior decorator from Glasgow,Scotland. I got an order for the supply of some artworks from a client,and when i came across your portfolio while searching for good artworks, I would like to purchase some good artworks from you,therefore i want to know the available ones that are within the range of 1500-3000 dollars,pictures will also help a great deal.I intend to market these items to my client and also negotiate a price that will include your price (i.e your selling price)and a mark-up as a profit for me. Payment will be made directly to you at the price i am selling and i willexpect you to ship and send me my commission /margin afterwards.As for the payment, my client will be able to make a transfer to your credit card account. I am looking forward to a long term working relationship beyond this order. Please let me know if you do commission work and which payment option works for you before we place orders, If you have questions plea!
se feel free to ask. Hope to hear from you soon. Best
Regards.


Comments

Kai said…
They're still going with the same email, thanks for posting this. It's going to be a scary day when one of these scammers starts thinking and writing clearly.
Jen Zakrzewski said…
I got this email recently from my profile at Artists Space's Artist Files online. I googled searched the guy's email address and came across your site. Thanks for posting the warning. Thought it looked fishy.
- said…
I just got an email through offering work:

We are offering a temporary job which really do not require any professional

skills. You really don't have to have any professional skills for this.

All we are looking for right now is UK& USA based trustworthy, honest, and loyal individuals to handle paper work, file documents and handle payroll administration to our clients in UK & USA. What will be required from you is few hours a day and also to pay very close attention to all instructions given to you.

--

So I googled the address and it came up with your site. They sent it to my university email address though which I don't give out...
Thanks Fluffyhelen for writing although this isn't an art related scam. I usually only post scams that might affect artists but thanks anyway. The Internet is full of scams.

Popular Posts