fraud alert

I received this fraud alert - please see the following bogus emails:

John Jenkins:
johnjen2003@yahoo.com

Message:
My name is John, I am an individual art agent and interior decorator from Glasgow,scotland. I got an order for the supply of some artworks from a client, and when i came across your portfolio while searching for good artworks, I found some of them to interest me and fit what i am looking for, and I intend to market these items to my client and also negotiate a price that will include your price (i.e your selling price) and a mark-up as a profit for me. Payment will be made directly to you at the price i am selling and i will expect you to ship and send me my commission /margin afterwards. My client will provide you directly their credit card for payment however if this will not work for you, my client will be able to make a transfer from their card to your credit card account. I am looking forward to a long term working relationship beyond this order. Please let me know if you do commission work and which payment option works for you before we place orders, If you have questions please feel free to ask. Hope to hear from you soon. Best Regards. John Jenkins


Jerome:
thewoods1956@yahoo.com

Hello
I was just looking through an art web site and came across your Gallery.Hope you are good today ? I am presently converting my Home to a guest house for Commercial purpose and would like to have some of your Renown works in the rooms of the Guest House.
I tried to search for your detailed website so I can select some art works but could not get any web page that would assist me.Kindly make a selection of some of your works for 10 rooms in the Apartment so We can discuss and make payment.
Hope you accept credit card as means of payment?
Thanks and have a great day as I look forward to speaking with you.
Jerome

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello,

We have also received the same mail Jerome Kassier (thewoods1956@yahoo.com).

We have an art gallery in Barcelona (IMPart).
We want to make it known to all the art galleries to avoid scams.

We have continued writing with Jerome Kassier and we have asked that the pay by bank transfer.
The latest response of Kassier has been this:

Hello Impart,

Can i have a name so i can know who am dealing with?Hope you are good today? As you stated in the email,the price for the entire offer is $9,900.00.I would be sending you my credit card details for you to make the charge on.


So when you recieve the card details you are required to charge my credit card details for $14,900.00 USD.This amount includes the art works and payment for Woods works purchased from an agent who is unable to process credit card payment.

So as soon as you charge the card you send me an email so I can confirm the transfer details for the $5,000 for the wood.

Kindly state the type of credit card you can process,Visa,mastercard or american express.

Thanks for the assistance and prompt response.

Have a great weekend


J.K
Anonymous said…
David Malone
davidmal113@yahoo.com
davidmal114@yahoo.com

Hello,

I was just looking through an art web site and came across your Gallery. Hope you are good today ? My client is presently converting his Home to a guest house for Commercial purpose and would like to have some of your Renown works in the Guest House.

I tried to search for your detailed website so I can select some art works but could not get any web page that would assist me.
Firstly Kindly make a selection of some of your works two frammed painting of about 90 x 120 cm or more which will be at the reception in the Apartment, so We can discuss and make payment.

Perhaps we can buy more works for each room.

Hope you accept credit card as means of payment?

Thanks and have a great day as I look forward to hear from you.
Hans Bakker said…
Hello,
I got the same email from davidmal113@yahoo.com. What is the exact fraude? Do we have to payback the money we get?
It seems that he wants to pay, as I see in the other mails. His clients have a lot of guesthouses then.

Hans Bakker
Hans,
did you get real money or a phony check which usually happens? Just be careful out there.
huzefa said…
I got the same mail from davidmal113@yahoo.com

@HANS would like to know what was the follow up if you replied??
I don't respond to fraud except by making sure that people know about it by posting it on my blog.
Hello,

I am searching for artworks/web site and came across your gallery. I am presently converting my home to a guest house for commercial purpose and would like to have some art works in the reception and rooms of the guest house. The work would be unmounted (unframed) so it will be rolled and shipped in a tube. Preferable oil / water painting / prints of photography, landscape or anything to portray hospitality. Also aboriginal arts are OK.

Kindly make a selection of some of your works viz 2 works which will be at the reception of the guest house and 10 works for the rooms in the house which has a cream colour background.

IMPORTANT: I am hoping to work on a budget of 4,000 Pounds for the 12 works excluding its shipping so you will have to select works which the available funds can get. Again, hope you accept credit card as means of payment so we can discuss further and make payment? Thanks and have a great day as I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
James Howard
66 Montana Gardens,
London. SE26 5BG.

howlink_22@msn.com
Thank you all. I just received this today. I will not be responding.


Good-evening,

I was just looking through an art website and came across your gallery. I am presently converting my home to a guest house for commercial purpose and would like to have some artworks in the reception and rooms.

The original paintings of the rooms are light blue colour while the reception has a White coloured background. They all have brown floor tiles. The roof off course is white and all the furniture and doors have a brown colour to match the floor.

I want a 70cm x 50cm for the (2 works) in the reception while the rooms go with 50cm x 50cm for (13 works). Total 15 artworks.

Note that each of the work would be framed with a colour to match. The colour preference is oil/water painting of photography or landscape, semi-realistic and abstract so the works can portray hospitality.

Kindly let me know if you can handle this work and send me your quote with a delivery deadline. I will like the works to be ready for shipment latest 30th October 2020.

I await your response.

Best regards,


Mr. Gregson Morris

Popular Posts