Spring Open Studios

Open studios - before the crowds show up

This is the first Spring Open Studios i've participated in. We had a Friday n ight reception that was well attended. I bought spring rolls fron the Taishan Chinese Restaurant which were a big hit. One of the other artists organized the alcohol, another the music, someone else did great signs and it was great reconnecting and seeing everyone's work. Saturday's open studio was much quieter but my thesis professor from San Francisco State University, Tony Catena and his wife Nancy came by and we were able to have a nice chat. It was a wonderful and unexpected surprise. It's been about 20 years since i last saw him. I sold many of the postcards at $3 each or 2 for $5, one Kamaboko plank trees and the drawing of Jesus. I almost made as much here as my Chicago show!
To celebrate, i bought a necklace from my neighbor, Amy Faust who creates earrings, bracelets, necklaces with sea glass, stained glass, Coca Cola and Mrs. Butterworth bottles.

Comments

Popular Posts