Mills College MFA Exhibition


I attended the Mills College MFA Exhibition yesterday mainly to see my friend from the SF Art Institute days, Reiko Kubota who was showing her video and sound installation. I was mesmerized by her images, and unfortunately, the room was too noisy to enjoy the sound. But i videoed one of her installations, with her permission of course.

The first thing i thought about the work is that it reminded me of an all encompassing color field and that even if the screen was small, i could feel like i was in the middle of it. The program only has 12 students a year so it isn't like the huge art fair that is Vernissage for the SFAI MFA students. It was easy to look at all the work carefully while enjoying the very yummy munchies and sangria (they were powerful!)

I had a pleasant surprise when i saw another friend from my SFAI days, Adam Vermiere who was accepted into the Mills MFA program starting in the fall 2008.
He is pictured with his fiance Diana Tate and with Reiko, the new MFA graduate.

Comments

Popular Posts