Day One - Chicago

Stepping away from the routine of daily life brings forth different perspectives for example, on my trip on the shuttle to SFO, a Belgian mom and daughter were on their way to San Diego. What struck me as funny as the mom was very impressed with the size of American trucks, especially oil tankers that were super shiny. She couldn't get enough of them. I chose Quake City Airport Shuttle because Super Shuttle got such terrible reviews on YELP that i wanted to find just about anything else. I decided to upgrade to first class using the miles i've accumulated from when i used to work in biotech. My strategy was to chat up people who might be interested in seeing art at Artropolis. My seat mate was very interested in art so i gave him a VIP pass.
I waited at the designated spot for my friend who i would be staying with. After waiting 2 hours, i decided to book a room at an airport hotel and hope i would be able to sort out what happened. He wasn't answering his cell phone so i thought somthing must have happened. As i was walking to the spot for the airport shuttle, he found me and he for some reason wrote down the wrong time. By then i was so tired, already paid for the room so i told him i would catch up with him tomorrow, after my stay at the Comfort Inn. There was something very lonely and sad about staying here and eating at the adjoining restaurant. But, oh well....not an auspicious start to my trip.

Comments

Popular Posts