Day 5 Chicago - Third day of Artropolis

It was hard to be enthusiastic about going to my booth this morning.  I struggled to put my best face forward.  Talking to my friend Anne Karsten has been great in between the occassional visitor to our booths.  She has mentioned several blogs and websites that she visits regularly. Firstly, we both read Edward Winkleman's blog which i think should be necessary reading for every art student and any art practitioner. Anaba by Martin Bromirski - a blog with great images focusing on NY art. 
I thought that Sunday would be a slow day but once 11 am rolled on by, the crowds showed up. It got so crowded that it was difficult to walk the aisles without constantly dodging people. My new Chicago friends, good friends with William Hunter, stopped by my booth and stayed so that i could roam the 12th floor, where Art Chicago was taking place. It has all the big name galleries and i looked for color field, minimalist art. There was an extraordinary Helen Frankenthaler in the Knoedler & Company booth. I saw a few other wonderful paintings but i kept thinking, put one of mine on it's own white wall, and it would look quite comfortable in one of those high end galleries! When i returned to my booth, Nikki said there was some interest from a couple of people and a visit from a friend's parents. I had Tim Figueras, a high school friend from San Francisco stop by who is here for a women's wrestling extravaganza (?!), Colin M., a friend from Genencor International where i used to work, and Sue and Ray, parents of my good friend Laura Enfield. I spoke to many people today, i was constantly busy, and there are two possible commissions, a couple of interior designers may return on Monday with clients, and i sold "Relax8" to Sue and Ray. Not quite enough to want to return to Artropolis Chicago next year but it's not over yet. I am really impressed with the level of enthusiasm of this wonderful city. Thank you Chicago...San Francisco - take notes!

Comments

Popular Posts