Final paintings for Chicago

Untitled - early in the week
later
getting close to being done
"Popsicle" progression
almost done
done!
I received a rather unpleasant phone call from one of the artists at Francisco Studios complaining of the backside of the postcard i designed for our Spring Open Studios. (BTW, i secured financial backing for the postcards from the owners of Francisco Studios so that the artists wouldn't have to spend any of their own money.) What i should have done was to send the design to a few people to get their approval so definitely, i was at fault for not doing so. However, after my apologies, which the artist couldn't seem to accept, the conversation became circular, with me saying "sorry" and this person repeating what was wrong with the design. Finally, i stopped saying sorry, the conversation grew silent and the artist said "bye" and hung up. It was strange and disturbed me because i felt like i was getting "talked down to". I guess the upside is that this hasn't happened to me in years. Another artist was wondering why their image was blurry. Since all i do is move the image that is sent to me, resize it to fit in the postcard and do not alter it in any way, i don't know why it looks blurry. While there is a "blur" feature in Photoshop, i have never used it.

Comments

Popular Posts