Paintings for Chicago

I finished my last painting for Chicago on Friday. Now hopefully they will be dry enough for the shippers when they come to pick up the paintings on Thursday. I will be bringing four 6 ft X 4 ft, one 5 ft X 4 ft, two 40 in X 30 in, two 4 ft X 2 ft, and one 30 in X 24 in.
"Distance" - it reminded me of the colors i saw in the distance at dusk when i was in England at Christmas time.
"Popsicle" - i remembered buying missile popsicles as a child and loving them so much - used to be 5 cents at the corner market run by a Chinese family. The owner used to call me "Gago" probably because he heard "Gago" when i said my name was Hisako. Funny how i used to go by the name Hisako which i love and associate with happy times. Then, when i started school, the teachers made me use my other name, Katherine. Anyway, these colors remind me of those popsicles.
"Puffball" - i had happy memories of my early days in biotechnology and having these fungal balls which we named "Puffball".

Comments

Popular Posts