Next Painting

I came across a website called New Art TV http://www.newarttv.com/index.php?cat=1 which has video studio visits of artists. I enjoyed the one with Alex Katz.

I am going to let the painting rest now - i am either done or very close to being done. I want to do several paintings of this size for the upcoming spring open studios to be held in early May 08.
I started a new painting...i will be thinking about peaches.
-the color of peaches, the color surrounding peaches, the place i buy them from the local farmers' market, the light during summer, Momotaro (Peach Boy) and the mastery and enthusiasm my father displayed when telling me the story, the sound of the first bite, the juice, the fibers, how i start off with a huge pile of peaches on Saturday and by Friday, there are none left, the mold that grows on them, and the happy taste of them - representing the goodness of summer.

Comments

Popular Posts