Death and 50 Artists You Should Know

Is death a smart career move for an artist? Read the Wall Street Journal article about artists, their death, and does it really help?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120069553663201445.html?mod=2_1168_1

I received "50 Artists You Should Know" from my Paperspine subscription www.paperspine.com just to see what kind of art books they have. It looks brand spanking new so i wonder if they buy the book from Amazon.com and then mail it to me. I knew most of the artists and have seen many of the works of art thanks to my trips to London, Barcelona, Chicago, Paris, Brussels, Ghent, Amsterdam, The Hague, Vienna, Pittsburg, Basel, and I've been to New York city but that was way before i was into art. I think the only artist i wasn't familiar with was Caspar David Friedrich, a Romantic German painter. Now, back the book goes to Paperspine. I would like to find a book about 50 Asian artists we should know, 50 South American artists we should know, 50 African artists we should know, 50 Indigenous people (continent dependent) we should know, 50 Outsider artists we should know (this probably exists), basically any 50 artists that aren't in Jannsen's Western Art History textbook.

Comments

Popular Posts