While Christmas shopping, i stopped in Kinokuniya Bookstore in Japantown http://www.sfjapantown.org/shop.html and bought presents for myself! I heard of the Guerilla Art Kit and i was very curious about it although i had to have a close look before purchasing it. Well, I really love this book, the way it looks and feels, the way it is organized, and the thought and ideas behind it.



There some very neat ideas in this Illustration book - it is one of those books that inspire me to think of things differently. I particularly like the artists using needle, thread on fabric.



And then a practical book to help me with my home decorating but also the little paintings i do on postcards.


And then a guilty pleasure - i loved the story of Momotaro as a child. I have such fond memories of my mother reading me this story and then of me reading it to my sons. And, i adore the ogres in the story and how they either have one or two horns and wear animal skins. And i did pretty much complete my Christmas shopping today!


Since i am almost finished with the painting, i have begun to stretch more canvas - i will probably just prepare a bunch of them and then think about doing a still life just to take a break from my color fields. And i received a couple of checks in the mail - one from the Lab and another from a friend who bought 10 trees.

Comments

Popular Posts