Fire Station 18 public art project
















Received a call for artists: artists living in the 9 Bay Area counties of Northern California are invited to submit their qualifications for the opportunity to design, fabricate and install public art to be integrated into the new Fire Station 18 at Bancroft and 50th Avenues in Central East Oakland. Deadline: Jan 23, 2008
http://www.callforentry.org/ , www.oaklandculturalarts.org



The more i look at this painting, the more i like it. There are some exciting color juxtapositions where it makes me want to cover the painting with these combinations but then there is something to be said for moderation. I can think of adding a few highlights and nothing more.







I spent the day building and gessoing canvases. I had to keep moving because it was soooo cold in the studio!




soooo cold!





I have a bulky sweater, a thick fleece jacket and a thermal top on with a wooly scarf to cover my head and i was still cold. BTW, the heater is on!

Comments

Popular Posts