Mama Cafe and the art of Benjamin Smith


















I attended an art opening at Mama Art Cafe (4754 Mission Street in the Excelsior District) http://www.mamasf.com/ to see the work of Benjamin Smith. I was pleasantly surprised to see a very professional display of art - someone did a good job of hanging this show which highlighted nicely the mobiles and wall pieces and paintings. What was also nice was that Dan Wool provided what he called "sound design" that suited the space very well.


Mama cafe is a nice space for art - there is good light, no clutter, and a real friendly atmosphere. I will have to return to check out their jazz music afternoons and food.

















Because Ben uses found objects for his mobiles and wall hangings, i suggested he check out the Sunset Scavenger Artist Residency program - he would be a perfect candidate.


My painting yesterday, end of the day. I feel like i've kind of lost my way.....

Comments

Popular Posts