Friday, Dan invited me to see his "library" upstairs in his studio and was it impressive! Beautiful art books with clear plastic covers, organized on sturdy shelves, with a perfectly sized table with good lighting to leisurely flip through the pages. He then showed me his body of work on paper which made me want to go back to the studio and play with acrylics. He is a wonderful painter and i always seem to learn something from his paintings.
I went to the bank this morning to open up a separate checking account for the business side of art. I received my seller's permit from the State of California a couple of weeks ago and who should drop by for an inspection but someone from the Board of Equalization to see if people were fessing up to running a business! I was already proudly displaying my certificate and because i was so new, i wasn't even in his computer. With the sale of one of my large paintings, i thought it was time to organize myself.
I continued
with the new painting which is not only getting away from the original intent of using colors that were my friend's favorites but i am gravitating towards something that looks a lot like a landscape.
The little rocking chair is officially finished and i brought it home to see how it looked there. I absolutely am in love with the colors. It has bumps, accumulated old paint, spills but i see them as part of the process. In order for me to get over painful memories of childhood which this chair brought forth, i had to channel those memories into something i loved, which is the color blue with all its permutations. The imperfections mean
that the memories are still there but they
aren't as important as they once were.

Comments

Popular Posts