Doron's reception and 445 Market reception




Last night, i went to Bruce Galleries at California College of Art in San Francisco for Doron Fishman's reception. Doron is one of the few people i've kept in contact with from my days at the San Francisco Art Institute. His work has really evolved and i am excited for him. http://www.doronfishman.com/. I have an affinity for works on paper, and his work with ink was interesting and very different from the paintings he used to do. He presented a lot of work...i think he's been quite busy.



CCA SF has a beautiful campus but i felt ill while i was there because it reminded me of my experience at SFAI.





I started a new painting, inspired by the favorite colors of a friend. The little rocking chair is officially done. (well, except the final coat of varnish)


I just heard that my studiomate has found another more convenient and conmfortable studio situation. He will be leaving at the end of October which couldn't have been more convenient for me as i was starting to look for storage space.
Although, now my rent will be that much more.

I sent an ad for Open Studios to the Noe Valley Voice last week. Michael, the building manager of Francisco Studios said that the management will pay for the advertisement. Sweet! I must say that the building is well kept and it is always a pleasure to see Michael and Juan, the custodian. I love being there!





Tonight, i went to an opening at 455 Market to see the work of Gregory Burns, http://www.gregoryburns.com/ organized by the curator Bonnie Earls-Solari. I was enamored with his "green series" paintings.

Comments

Popular Posts