HP Real People

I did something uncharacteristic today...i went to a have my photo taken for the HP Real People campaign where they are looking for "real people" for their ads http://www.creative-i.com/italent/. The session lasted about 5 minutes where the photographer took photos of my front and both sides, me holding a camera and looking excited and happy, and half body and full body shots. I was interested in seeing who else would answer this call. I expected to see a room full of people waiting for their turn but it was either very well organized or people didn't show up for their appointment. I think it was the former and the ad person and photographer were both very nice which made the experience painless. But why would i want to do this?
Not for the money, which if you get chosen, you model for a day and get paid $700.
It comes down to me wanting to change how i perceive myself, i think. My 40's were spent being invisible (i don't want to get into any detail here) and now that i am in my 50's, i want to break that persona and be noticed. So, i have a website, i have a blog, i started taking salsa dancing classes, and now i thought i would try this because having my photo taken has always made me feel a little uncomfortable. I have very few photos of me in my 40's.

Comments

Popular Posts