Finished Red

Just when i was going to add another layer, i decided to go to the bathroom . Whe i returned, i looked a the painting and thought, it was done. Then I thought maybe a little highlight to punch up a certain area but then no, the painting seemed perfectly satisfied. "That's it" it said, "now go sit down and look at me".
I noticed that i had bits of cadmium red on my arm and hand which freaked me out. I washed them off and started taking my chlorella pills again to counter the heavy metals. I wear nitrile gloves but i can still manage to get paint in unprotected areas!

I thought i would mention pieces and artists that inspired me today:
- the amazingly detailed petit point embroidery by Narelle Jubelin, the portraits by photographer Steve Pyke http://politicstheoryphotography.blogspot.com/2007/03/portraits-of-despicable.html, the monoprints by Romare Bearden, and the hay version of Naota Fukusawa's chair http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/01/magazine/01stylechair-t.html?ex=1340942400&en=a0b6dea750f46feb&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss.

Comments

Popular Posts