SFAI Painting Department $500,000 gift

I was very glad to read today that the Painting Department at the San Francisco Art Institute has received a $500,000 gift from Clare Stone, the wife of late art collector, Allen Stone. I have many memories of my 2 years there, some happy, many not so but i can say with absolute certainty that i learned a lot. I owe a great deal to the many professors who helped me develop and to think deeply about painting most notably Bruce McGaw, John Zurier, Brett Reichman, Jeremy Morgan, Anne Appleby, Joanne Greenbaum, and Brett Cook-Dizney. The department was in great need of some sprucing up when i was there but the it seemed to take a backseat to other "more sexy" departments eventhough the painting classes had by far the most students than any other department.

Comments

Popular Posts