submission to the Eco Art Show

Some of the images i submitted for the Eco Art Show at UCBerkeley. Fingers crossed...

31 Kamaboko trees - kamaboko (Japanese fish cake) are packaged onto these cypress wood planks which are subsequently thrown away. I am working with Tokyo Teriyaki Japanese Restaurant in Daly City and getting about 20 planks a week from them. I use leftover oil paint to paint my reimagined forest. The shelf is a piece of found moulding which just happened to be 6 feet long, the maximum size for the show.













A discarded chair was used to create an accessorized seat using leftover canvas of which i have many little fragments. I removed the fibers from the canvas and used the string as well as the resulting fringed pieces to create my fashion chair.


















and finally, a found child's rocking chair which i painted to look like water equating the preciousness of childhood with the preciousness of our global water supply.

Comments

Popular Posts